The US dollar index rallied on Monday, following mostly upbeat economic data ranging from personal income to manufacturing PMI.
The dollar index (DXY), a trade-weighted average of the greenback against six competitor currencies, rallied more than 0.5 percent to 97.44. The dollar posted solid gains against the euro, franc, pound and Canadian dollar.
Below is a rundown of Monday’s US data release (green highlights above-forecast growth and red highlights below-forecast growth):
- Personal Spending (April): 0.0%
- Personal Income (April): 0.4%
- Markit Manufacturing PMI (May): 54.0
- ISM Manufacturing PMI (May): 52.8
- Construction Spending (April): 2.2%